5 Minute Protein Truffle Balls
5-MINUTE PROTEIN TRUFFLES
So easy, it’s almost not a recipe. The beauty of these bite-sized beauties is that they are totally customizable. Choose your preferred nut butter, protein powder flavour or topping – and make as big a quantity as you need!
Plus, they’re ready in 5 minutes, so no need to practice delayed gratification
½ cup nut butter (peanut, almond, cashew or tahini all work well)
3 table spoons of brown rice syrup, honey or maple syrup
2/3 cup of whey or vegan Supreme Labs protein powder
- cacao nibs
- shredded coconut
- buckwheat nibs
- crushed seeds
- finely chopped dried fruit
- matcha powder
- chia seeds
1. Mix the nut butter, honey and protein powder in a bowl or blender until bended. The mixture should be firm.
2. If the mixture is too dry, add milk, one tablespoon at a time, until the mixture comes together as dough.
3. Roll into 1-inch balls, and roll onto toppings if using.
4. Pop in some Tupperware and refrigerate – or just smash a couple with a cup of tea.
VARIATIONS WE LOVE
· Chocolate Peanut Butter: Use peanut butter and chocolate protein powder; roll in cacao powder
· Gingerbread: use 3 tbsps dark molasses for the sweetener and add 1/2tsp cinnamon, ginger and ground cloves with the vanilla protein powder.
· Mocha: Use chocolate protein powder; and 2 teaspoons instant coffee dissolved in 2 teaspoons warm water, along with the main ingredients.